Stress in your home? Of Course
Stress is something that seems unavoidable in today’s fast-paced world. While the human body is built to adapt to and handle short-term stress well, it is not able to handle long-term stress. Studies have found stress seems to worsen or increase the risk of conditions like obesity, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, depression, gastrointestinal problems, and asthma.
How Does it Affect a Family?
The stress of the parents can filter down to the children. You must control it to keep the peace in your home. You can do certain things to help reduce the amount in your home
5 Ways to Reduce Stress in Your Home
Here are five things that you can do and are considered to be the most important.
- Relaxation Time – Everyone needs time to relax. You are no different. It is essential to get at least a few minutes of relaxation time each day. For parents, it might feel like there is never enough time to relax. If you don’t rest, it will take longer to get things done. Regular rest is going to make you more efficient.
- Have Positive Thoughts – You should always make sure to think positive thoughts. Wake up and choose to be happy. This happiness can carry over to help you feel less stressed. Positive self-talk can help a lot too.
- Spend Time in Prayer or Meditation – Spending time in prayer or meditation is something that can be soothing and help you. The main reason for this? Studies have shown that people who are more spiritual have more hope. Having hope can give you a sense of peace and reduce the amount of worry that you have.
- Do Not Bring Stress Home – If work has been stressful, then it is important to forget about that stress once you walk inside the doors at home. For the millions who now work from home, plan times that are just for family. Do things not associated with work, leave work stress behind during those times. Focusing on the positive things about your job when talking to your family, spouse, or partner can help you to leave the stress from the job behind. Turning the home into a sanctuary that is void of the stress home to be less stressful as a whole.
- Doing One Thing at a Time – It can be hard to focus on one thing at a time honestly. In a world where some people expect so much out of themselves, it can be nearly impossible to start to slow down and focus entirely on each thing. Buddhism places a strong focus on mindfulness. The idea is that if one can focus completely on the task at hand that they will be more present in this task which means that they will do a better job, therefore, reducing stress as a whole. So when it is time to do the dishes the only thought that you should have is on doing the dishes. When it is time to take a bath the only thought that you should have is the bath. Try to attain this throughout the day in all that you are doing.
So How As a Parent Do I Achieve This?
So you now ask, how do I do this when the kids are screaming, or the baby is crying, or……
Stress is unavoidable
You will need to start teaching your children at a very young age through your examples of how to be relaxed and think positive, but for now, take these five things and try to adopt one each day or every few days until they become a routine. You must make time for yourself if you want to have a peaceful family life. Remember that life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
Sign-up for my Free Email Course Celebrate You ~ 5-Days of Indulgence Self-care today. You can unsubscribe at ANY time.